I am a Woman....

I am a woman, wrapped in chiffon and jewels,
Thin silks and girdle of gold.
I stretch my arms...
The embrace encompasses a universe.
I can control a quiver in my hips,
Tell a thousand stories with my eyes,
Skip with child-like glee
The smile of experience on my lips.
Glide in innocence, endure with age.
Spin like a dervish; undulate in sensuality...
Excite, promise, create, change, tease, mock,
Unveil my passion.
Untiringly seduce the world as I move my body,
For I am a woman...

Lines from the handout given as a part of "HIpnois ~~ The Journey of Belly Dance"! Lines penned for a dancer, But true for many.... Aint it! Heres a  click from that evening.....


Speaking of WOmen n her beauty....Heres a click from ma pooja room.... Isnt she beauty, grace and power personfied....... May she bless you with all that your heat desires..... Hv a blessed Pooja Folks!


SARVAMANGALAMANGALYE
SHIVE SARVATHASAADHIKE,
SHARANYE TRIYAMBAKE GAURI
NARAAYANI NAMOSTUTE.

MEANING
Thou art the all auspicious Shiva (Shakti aspect), the bountiful;
I prostrate myself at Thy feet.
O Triyambaks (Three eyed one), Gauri (the one with a fair complexion, Parvathi) Naraayani.


Edited To add the pic cliked ar one of the Pooja Pandals....


 Linking this to colordeckors weekend wrapup

3 comments:

  1. Oh what lovely lines.. I've always looked up to Durga ma.. so fierce and brave!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely lines, and lovely pics :)

    ReplyDelete