Waking up, now that September has ended.....

Hmm what does Oct bring in its wake?? Its the first reminder that yet another year is over. The reaction to it can vary from 'Yeaaa! I hv had a gr8 year" or well  the other extreme! Unfortunately its the other extreme tht am dangling with now - the sinking feeling tht my biological clock is ticking off :-/

Anyways tht rant apart, Oct is always been synonymous with planning upcoming hols for me. Like I read somewhere the months between Nov-Feb are the perfect travelling-season in India. The added bonus being those few days left in leave calendar which if not consumed by year end will get expired!

Are you one of those like me, for whom the plan-up to hols is as exciting as the actual hols! The excitement as you finalize the place, freeze on the hotel, the working out of logistics. And the best of all ~~ reading up reviews of the place\hotel\restaurants of a place that you hvnt yet stepped into ~~ - cause this would invariably involve looking up other people's hol pics -- Haa the thrill of imagining that in few weeks you will be right there indulging in these very pleasures ..... yummmmmmm :-D

You know what tops my hol list for the year? Funnily, its not some fancy foreign destination or even the Kahmir(Leh Ladakh is on list - But late in year aint the perfect season to be there). Its the by-lanes of Delhi-Agra  thats been beckoning me for sometime now. The promise of the street food in those gullies of Delhi, the cold Delhi winters, the charm of exploring a new place with hubbs as my guide(a few years in his growing days were spent year), the lures of the monuments that pepper Agra(courtesy the mughal trilogy of Indu Sundaresan) :-)

Haa jus writing this down gives me a unexplainable thrill! But well my holiday prospects this year aint v promising as I hv a few post-laprascopy sessions scheduled over next few months! Or possibly I deserve a hol jus to shake off this definite depression that the v sight of big hospitals can set in -- May be a short break to Hampi? May be -- lets wait n watch :)

Thi p ost is courtesy BlogAddas - WOW initative

10 comments:

  1. Great welcome, we should meet when you are in Delhi. Do let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I do manage to land in Delhi, Idefintely will be knocking ta ur dors :). wILL BE A PLEASURE OT MEET U

      Delete
  2. Hugsss and hope u get that break soon :)
    I really want to take a long vacation too, or may be even a short break to Bengaluru will do :P *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plllllllllllllzzz met me u in blore... k?

      Delete
    2. Yes please....a bloggers meet in Bangalore :-)

      Delete
  3. hey nice take on it.. hope u plan some grt holidays... its definitely the time for some fun, festivities and travelling..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping in :). U r rt it definetely is happy times

      Delete
  4. Planning for the holidays is fun! I love making lists and executing them!
    All the best for your medical tests! Take care and have a great festive season!
    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u thank u:) Hope u hv a gr8 hol season tooo

      Delete
  5. You sound so much like me, I pretty much get the same thrill planning vacations :)

    ReplyDelete