There's no better way to celebrate the rich, full life you've lived so far—and the big, bright future ahead—than telling your story!
Go on, read my story so far...
1. What Younger You Would Like About Present YouFor having a 'life' .. a life beyond the every day rut of living. A life revolving around books, friends, blogging - how these simple things make a huge difference to the quality of life! Another facet I am truly proud of is the fact that I am somebody many would think twice before picking a squabble with!
2. The Watched/Read It ListCourtesy Goodreads, today I have the complete list of books I have read through the year and a even bigger list of "to-read" books. Go on, visit my page to see what's on my bookshelf this year! Though I have managed to read only 34 of the 50 books I signed up for, it was a beautiful journey of books this year!
As for movies, I already have a list of movies I am hoping to watch the coming year !
3. The Mistake You Never Want to MakeA mistake I was very close to making, but then as usual the fate had the last laugh! To bring a child to the world for sake of society and not cause you want to bring a child into the world. I see many couples popping out a child within a year or so of marriage - its almost as if producing a child is the one and only obligation in marriage! No child really deserves it.....
The irony though is that today I am more than ready to welcome a child into our life but we have been having no luck in conceiving one :-/
4. Your Ideal OutfitAm sitting at home writing this post in my comfy PJs ... indeed my ideal outfit ;). But on a serious note, I would love to have more of western formal attire in my wardrobe - well blame my 'personal shoppers' (read my sis n Sabs) for the lack of it :-P
Let it remain that way huh ;)
5. A Deep, Dark—Shhh—Secret
6. The Most Unexpected Compliment You Ever GotThis must be somewhere in grade eight or so. Nobody until then had ever complimented me for my "looks" - instead in their foolishness had made me an awkward and conscious teenager. So it was a pleasant surprise when my class teacher signed my autograph book complimenting me on my radiant smile . I still remember the exact words she wrote! Haa the difference a simple compliment makes to a teenagers psyche
7. That One QuoteWhen life hands you a lemon make lemonade (or better still get some tequila!).
8. The Best Surprise You've Ever HadMust be indeed the peter pan of my life - my husband. He truly lives up to the adage "Like father, Like Husband" ;). What more can a daddy's gal want... especially considering I married him a couple of months after I lost my daddy!
9. Your True HappinessLies in the small things in life....
The simple pleasures of reading a good book, watching a good movie, of traveling, of rustling up a good meal together and of good times! By no standards do we lead a fancy life - I dream of traveling around the world, of a better home, of a decent bank balance and a complete family. But as my peter pan says "It's the journey, not the destination, that really matters"!
10. Your Favorite FailureFor having ditched the damn software engineer job. Funnily I was good at it, but always knew at the back of my mind that it's not what I want to do! Today my job doesn't pay me half as much as a programming job would have - but I know, I have made a change for good! Though honestly there are times I regret it - for the extra penny it would have paid along with the foreign assignments!I Am still optimistic that time will erase this teeny-weeny regret a day soon!
11. An Amendment to the Bucket ListHo the slacker in me would love to slash out a few items in my bucket list - to read and write Malayalam(my mother tongue), to give driving another shot among other things - but lets leave the list as is for now - shall we?
An interesting questionnaire rt. I will tag Cory who originally shared this list with us.... I am sure she will have a v interesting story to share with all of us!
With this, I bid 2013 a warm adios and welcome 2014 which am hoping is a more happier and fruitful year......