Magic of 'Books'!

'Chocolat' is a book I recently finished - yea the book behind the famous 'Chocolat' movie. I picked this with dreams of getting lost in a world of chocolates,  but errr I dint half enjoy it as much as I expected to!

A point that has to be mentioned at this juncture is that I read this book on Kindle - I now wonder if the experience of reading books of this genre would have been exalted if it was read on a "book" instead of Kindle! U c there's something abt the book cover, of the yellowed pages, of the smell - that tends to let u get lost into the plot of the book. I can almost image sighing in pleasure as I turn a page that describes the endless flavors of chocs dished out by the main character of 'Chocolat'!

A case in point - Look at this bookcover. Aint there something abt this pic that conjures up images of a house in a European countryside, of wine in all its flavours, of a kitchen filled with sooth, of a simple life,........  the pleasures of imagination that seems to elude me whn i read a e-copy of anything... wonder why!

BTW the older the books, more the magic it seems to weave!

No wonder my latest hangout seems to be the famous Blossom book store(The haven for second hand books in B'lore)! Imagine getting lost in rows n rows n rows of endless rows of books :-D

 

Linking this to ABC Wednesday (E is for e-reader; E is for entertainment)

18 comments:

  1. i still buy books...holding a real book while reading it is a much more enjoyable experience than reading on a tablet. Chocolat, the novel, was much better than the movie, in my opinion.:p


    E is for...

    ReplyDelete
  2. the bookstore shot is just heavenly. i could get lost there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. never read the book, but did see the movie!
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are a lot of books! For me it would be hard to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The book store looks tempting! My husband reads only on Kindle now whereas I am still more of a paper book person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a kindle person for more than a year but the paper book s beckoning me back!

      Delete
  6. Oh My! i would love to go to this place too!! I love reading the physical form of a book rather than the e-book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any "e"asy way of getting books is fine with me.......

    PhenoMenon, ABCW Team

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lot of books!

    Catching up with ABC Wednesday entries on Valentine's day!

    I hope you'd come and check out my Eskimo

    Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete