Recipe: Pazhutha Manga Curry

Have you yet had a taste of the delectable , luscious , finger-licking good mangoes this season?


Once you have had these mangoes to your heart-content, here is a "Curry" made of ripe mangoes that tops my list of favorites (My mouth literally waters as I write this :-D)This recipe is courtesy dearest Bhavs who has been delighting us this season of A2Z with her amazing stories..

Ingredients    
Ripe mangoes (small sized variety) - 8
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder  - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Grated coconut - 1/2 coconut
Cumin  - 1 tsp
Thick sour curd (beaten) – 1 1/2 cups
Fenugreek powder - 1 tsp
Coconut oil - 1 tbsp
Mustard - 1 tsp
Dry red chillies (cut to 2) - 2
Curry leaves -10-12

Preparation

Cook the ripe mangoes, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt in one cup of water. Grind the coconut and cumin to afine paste adding a little bit of water and add to the mangoes when they begin to cook.
When the coconut and mangoes have cooked evenly add the beaten curd, cook for a very short while (do not allow the curd to boil) and remove from flame. Allow to cool lightly and then sprinkle the fenugreek powder. Mix again.
Heat oil in a pan and let the mustard, dry red chillies and curry leaves splutter. Add this to the curry and mix well.Adding a bit of sugar/jaggery to make the curry sweet makes it all the more yummy.

Linking this to AtoZ challenge - R is for Recipe

10 comments:

  1. Looks delicious. Reminds me of Mambhaza mor kootaan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds very interesting..I will pass it on to my husband who is always game for trying out new recipes in the kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaahhh - I just had my juicy alphonso mango - They are soooo gooood! So of course, I am very open to anything that has to do with Mango - ans new recipes- yes please! A must-try for me:-) Perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a photo of my favourite mango - the Bombay. Put a scoop of ice-cream in the hollow part for me. Yummy. Your recipe is unusual for me, but looks so appealing and I will add it to my list. The ingredients are easy to get. AtoZer http://www.writer-way.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love mangoes!! Yup already starting gorging on them! :) This seems like a must try recipe! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course, a favourite :) something similar to mambazha pulisseri :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum recipe.. as Mango is one of my fav fruit..

    ashalifeishope.blogspot.in/2014/04/relationship-and-transparency.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. why didn't I came across this when summers were here ... the Mango season is over... thanks for the recipe, would keep in mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. yumm!! I love mangoes too and yes! Will try this recipe out! It looks easy and that's the key for me! ;)

    ReplyDelete